5 Things in Under 5 Minutes to Help Alleviate Anxiety
Keeping busy and having a structured life is good for anxious people. It helps us distract ourselves from anxious thoughts while giving us purpose, but sometimes finding balance is difficult. Isn't that one of life's hardest lessons- finding balance? I struggle like everyone else with balance. Working 40+ hours a week, running two blogs, having a social life, and making sure my home and pup are well taken care of can be overwhelming. I find it necessary to carve out 5 minutes throughout the day to practice self-care.
5 self-care ideas to try out in under 5 minutes:
1. Have a snack. Nuts and fresh fruit are great, plus they help to keep you satisfied while stabilizing your blood sugar.
2. Deep breathe. Breathe in for 5 seconds and breathe out for 7 seconds. Making your breath slow and steady will recenter your breath while lowering blood pressure
3. Sit in child's pose. This yoga pose helps lower your heart rate and slow racing thoughts. Be sure to practice slow, consistent breath in the pose.
4. Meditate. You all know meditation helps to lower your heart rate and center you. Even 5 minutes will help you relax and prepare you to take on the rest of the day.
5. Write a journal entry. Getting thoughts out of our body is therapeutic and can help to alleviate feelings of stress. So write on!
What self-care practices do you try to integrate on a daily basis in 5 minutes or less?